The Personal Injury Attorney For Pedestrian Accidents
Have you or someone you know been hit by a car recently? Let our personal injury firm get you the compensation you need to make a full recovery. Schedule a free consultation today.
Your Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents are a serious problem in the United States. In fact, according to national statistics, about 6,000 people die from them each year and many more have severe injuries when drivers strike them with their vehicles.
If you’ve suffered such injuries at the hands of another motorist, contact The McCloud Law Firm for legal representation to help you secure compensation for your damages.
Our “No Win/No Pay” Policy
Some people are reluctant to pursue a legitimate personal injury claim because they feel it will cost too much, but at The McCloud Law Firm, we have a policy that if we don’t successfully negotiate a settlement on your behalf or win our case in court, you pay us nothing. It’s our investment in your case and your recovery.
More importantly, people discover far too late that most personal injury law firms take home more money than their clients after a settlement or a win in court. To us, this is simply wrong. We promise to never take more money on a case than our clients.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Although there are many reasons that pedestrians get hit, the following are some of the most common:
- Distracted Drivers – Pedestrians are often hit by drivers who take their eyes off the road and pay little attention to what’s around them. Texting on their cell phone, messing with the radio or GPS, eating and drinking distract the driver from watching out for the pedestrian who is walking in the crosswalk in front of them.
- Backing Up – Some of the most devastating pedestrian accidents happen when a driver backs up in their own driveway and doesn’t see his or her child behind them. Other high-risk places for accidents are parking lots during busy times of the year, especially during the holidays.
- Left Turns – The most dangerous situation for pedestrians crossing in a crosswalk is when drivers are attempting to make a turn left. Their attention often becomes more focused on waiting until there’s an opening in traffic that they don’t see the pedestrian that is legally crossing the street.
- Failure to Stop or Yield – In most situations, pedestrians have the right of way. When drivers fail to stop or yield at a traffic sign, they are putting the life of the pedestrian at risk, not to mention violating traffic laws.
- Drunk/Drugged Drivers – Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs puts everyone, including pedestrians at risk of being hit.
- Speeding – Many accidents happen when drivers speed and cannot stop in time to avoid striking someone crossing the street. The injuries from these types of crashes can be severe because they involve a lot more force.
- Weather Conditions – Inclement weather such as rain, fog, snow, or ice can greatly reduce visibility for a driver and if they do not adjust their speed when traveling in this type of weather, they can fail to see a pedestrian in time or be unable to slow down or stop if the road is icy or slippery.
When you are injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important to seek legal representation from a personal injury lawyer. If your injuries were caused by another person’s negligence, The McCloud Law Firm has the expertise in personal injury cases to help you legally recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain & suffering, and more. We have the knowledge and resources required, so call us today for a free consultation.